The decorations are starting to up at the Robison Jewish Health Center in preparation for Chanukah!
Residents of Robison and participants in Adult Day Services are looking forward to some of the things they love most about the holiday, including:
- Latkes (with or without apple sauce),
- The chance to light the candles on the Menorah and saying the appropriate blessings each night,
- Fancy cakes,
- The joy of seeing wonderful children,
- The game of Dreidl,
- Gelt coins filled with chocolate
Construction Update: It is Thanksgiving week and the construction work continues. Work is beginning on the 3-story building (top photo). Cement and other work continues on the one story building (bottom photos).
A visit to Adult Day Services is always a delight. During a recent visit, the participants were enjoying a snack and reading some Shel Silverstein poetry.
They also reflected on just what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- Being Alive!
- My good friend of many years who is in the hospital.
- 3 very good kids.
- My father who turned a little girl into a baseball pitcher.
- Turkey and Pumpkin Pie.
- My mother who, even with an artificial arm…still baked knish!
- Being invited to come to spend the day with this group of friends.
- The milkman…who delivered (every day!) milk and seltzer water to our house.
Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sunday, November 1, 1:30-2:30pm
Paul Radd Student Piano Recital
Join Paul Radd’s students as they delight and amaze us with their skills on piano. In celebration of All Hallow’s Eve, all of the students will be dressed in costume!
To RSVP, please call 503.535.4004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanksgiving Food Boxes – CSP Food Drive for Jewish Family & Child Services
Every year staff and residents here at Cedar Sinai Park come together and make donations to help feed 150 families in the Portland area for Thanksgiving.
While we don’t supply all the items, we do supply the following:
150 – Cans cream of mushroom soup (10.75 oz) & 150 – Cans French Fried Onions (6 oz)
We hope you will join us in our effort to help feed local families in need this Thanksgiving! If you want to participate, please bring your donations to Cedar Sinai Park (Rose Schnitzer Manor) and place your food items in the barrel in the lobby.
Please only donate the preferred size indicated above (it helps to keep all families food boxes a similar size)**
Don’t be late! Wednesday November 18th is the final day to donate! (** soup and French Fried Onions can be a store brand such as Albertsons, Walmart, Safeway, etc.)