Archive for “Updates” Categories
- Adult Day Services
- Capital Campaign
- Estate Planning
- Jewish Family & Child Service
- Life & Legacy
- Life Enrichment
- Magic Act
- Resident News
- Rose Schnitzer Manor
- Social Services
- Teaching & Learning
Cedar Sinai Park is proud to Co-host Jewish Family & Child Service annual Holiday Campaigns
The Holiday Campaigns wouldn’t be possible without the help of the following Partners:
Cedar Sinai Park
Congregation Beth Israel
Congregation Shaarie Torah
The Jewish Federation of Greater Portland
Jewish Boy Scout Troop 739
Jewish Cub Scout Troop 739
Maayan Torah Day School
Mittleman Jewish Community Center
Moishe House Portland
Portland Jewish Academy
- The Thanksgiving Food Box campaign will provide 150 households with the ingredients for a delicious and nutritious dinner including turkey and all the trimmings.
- Mitzvah Menorah/The Adopt-a-Family campaign will brighten the Hanukkah or Christmas holiday for 50 individuals or families by providing things they need such as household items, clothing, and toys for young children.
Provide cash donations
Support Mitzvah Menorah / Adopt- A-Family
Contribute food or gifts
- Sunday, November 20: Thanksgiving Food Boxes – assembling the ingredients for a complete Thanksgiving dinner into a box and/or delivering the boxes to needy families.
- Sunday, December 18: Mitzvah Menorah / Adopt-a-Family – wrapping holiday gifts, assembling them into bundles and/or delivering the gifts to needy households.
When the community comes together, great things happen!
Check out a wonderful article from our Guide & Spiritual Life Director, Jemi Mansfield, about our new Green House® Home. http://blog.thegreenhouseproject.org/
Cedar Sinai Park has been featured on the AJAS website. https://www.ajas.org/member-news/2016/09/cedar-sinai-park/
This past Monday (8/22) we had a visitor from Manchester, UK.
Dr. Sally Briggs is a consultant geriatrician who is interested in the philosophies behind the Eden Alternative and Green House® model of care. It just so happened that she was in town to visit family and was connected to us by Rachel McLean from Green House. Jennifer Felberg spent time with Dr. Briggs in the household, explaining our journey and introducing her to residents. The attached picture is of Dr. Briggs and Pam Sawtell, a resident in the Green House and a fellow Brit. They had a nice conversation in the library.