Spiritual Life at Cedar Sinai Park
Cedar Sinai Park offers its residents an environment based on Jewish values. Spiritual Life strives to create such an environment. At the same time, we honor community members of every background and religious views.
Mission of Spiritual Life
Spiritual Life provides emotional and spiritual care and support to residents, their families and our staff, and promotes Cedar Sinai Park’s commitment to Jewish values. We serve as a resource for spiritual assessment, pastoral care, crisis intervention, ethical decision-making, religious education and practice. We meet people where they are, and respect every individual’s spiritual journey. We value diversity and seek to provide an open, caring and compassionate environment that empowers each resident to draw on her/his own unique beliefs and practices for comfort, courage and strength.
Healing and Wholeness are enhanced by giving attention to people’s spiritual needs.
We offer weekly Shabbat services, holiday services and celebrations, innovative programs and one-on-one spiritual care to our residents.
Spirit is an important dimension of human wholeness and human beings often need help to face the emotional and spiritual impact of aging, illness and crisis. We are here to provide support when issues of fear, loneliness, hopelessness, value and meaning arise. Some of the resources we offer include:
- Spiritual care and counseling
- Guidance in clarifying spiritual concerns, religious beliefs and ethical issues
- Sacred and religious rituals, practices, and services
- Staff support, including debriefing sessions
- Help in facilitating resident care/family conferences and meetings
- Support for hospice and palliative care recipients
- Bereavement and grief support to loved ones of deceased residents, including staff
- Assistance with referrals to local religious leaders and faith communities